This long range Naval fighter would be at the forefront of Japan's expansionist ambitions throughout WWII and in the early war years, proved to be unequalled in the Pacific region. The Zero also quickly earned a reputation as a dogfighter and Allied pilots quickly learned to avoid a slow, turning fight with this beautifully balanced aircraft. American pilots soon developed tactics that avoided playing into the hands of the Zero and began to score victories. As newer fighters began to enter service, the A6M Zero began to show its weaknesses, which were a lack of armour protection for the pilot and no self-sealing fuel tanks in the wing. Using their boom and zoom hit and run tactics, the Americans finally began to get the measure of the feared Zero.
About the Model:
- With this classic model ressembling an aircraft possessing exceptional manoeuvrability, with an equally impressive livery for you to recreate, no collection is complete without the A6M Zero. This model measures at 126mm, making it perfect as a model for both experienced and younger collectors.
- Item Length - Without Packaging (cm) 12.6
- Item Height - Without Packaging (cm) 4.94
- Item Width - Without Packaging (cm) 16.6
- How many pieces will be found in the box opened by the customer? 47
- Item Scale 1:72 Scale
- Contents (what's in the box) sets Sprues & decals
- Finish Plastic
- Number of Scheme Options 1
- Skill Level 1
- Flying Hours 1
- Wingspan (mm) 166