Fast, rugged and factory-built, the 2S LiPo-compatible ARRMA SENTON 4X4 MEGA RTR comes ready to bash on any terrain. This version of the Short Course truck features new equipment that improves on the original’s already impressive performance and durability.
The SENTON 4X4 MEGA RTR Short Course truck is DESIGNED FAST, DESIGNED TOUGH — built for exciting bashing speeds and extreme, all-terrain durability. New features to enhance its unstoppable performance include a stronger chassis and retained hinge pin plates; steering with more clearance for stones; a castellated slipper pad and sliding gear mesh; and rubber shielded bearings throughout.
- Stronger chassis and retained hinge pin plates
- Steering with more clearance for stones
- Castellated slipper pad and sliding gear mesh
- 23T Spline servo saver
- Brushless-ready 37T 1.35Mod diffs with silicone O-rings
- Power Module with sliding gear mesh and improved dirt management
- Rubber shielded bearings throughout
- Oil-filled shocks with silicone O-rings
- New body design, front and rear bumpers, paint and decals
- New vented tires
- MEGA 12T brushed 550 motor
- MEGA waterproof* ESC * Note: For details on waterproof standards, refer to the instruction manual
- IC3 connectors (EC3) compatible
- Signature easy-access modular design
- Easy-access power module
- Easy-access electronics module
- Easy-access diff module removal front and rear
- Double wishbone suspension front and rear
- Metal-geared differentials
- Adjustable ride height
- Adjustable body mounts
- Extended height dirt defenders
- Multi-terrain dBoots Fortress SC tires
- Tough multi-spoke black wheels
- ADC-N7 7-cell NiMH wall charger
- 2-year limited warranty (see website for details)
- 30MPH (48km/h) speed achievable in optimum driving conditions with optional gearing
In The Box
- (1) ARRMA SENTON 4X4 MEGA 550 1/10 Scale 4WD Short Course Truck RTR
- (1) MEGA Waterproof* ESC
- (1) MEGA 12T Brushed 550 Motor
- (1) Spektrum Waterproof* SPMS650 Digital Servo
- (1) Spektrum SLR300 Receiver
- (1) Spektrum 2.4GHz SLT3 3-Channel Transmitter
- (1) Dynamite 3300mAh 8.4V 7-Cell Speedpack 2 Hump NiMH Battery
- (1) ADC-N7 7-Cell NiMH Wall Charger
- (1) Product Manual
Needed to Complete
- (4) AA batteries for Transmitter
It retains the ingenious modular design perfected by ARRMA engineers for easy component access and maintenance. The power module, with improved dirt management, consists of a MEGA 550 motor, motor plate, slipper clutch assembly and gear cover. The power module can be detached from the chassis as a complete unit by removing just one screw. With the power module removed, the slipper clutch can be reached easily for adjustments by taking out three screws that attach the gear cover. The gear ratio can be finely tuned as the power module now uses a sliding motor mesh design.
A two-piece molding screwed to the truck’s chassis serves as its electronics module, containing a waterproof receiver box, servo mount and ESC tray. The SLR300 receiver mounts inside the receiver box for protection from dirt and moisture. The ultra-compact ESC is screwed to the top of the module, allowing quick access to the on/off switch, while the servo mounts to the side. All three components can be removed together, quickly and easily.
The differential module houses each differential unit in an innovative yoke design. Only eight screws need to be removed to release the front and rear yokes. The power module can then be detached, allowing you to pivot the gearbox cases for differential access. The SENTON 4X4 MEGA RTR comes brushless-ready with 37T 1.35mod diffs with silicone O-rings. The large gears can withstand huge torque, and internal metal gears have been chosen for reliability during extreme bashing.
Its full-time 4WD transmission uses strong front, rear, and centerline telescopic driveshafts that can’t be lost during heavy impacts, unlike dogbones. A simple, dependable, responsive steering assembly complements the ultra-reliable drive system and features a servo horn with built-in servo saver. The SENTON 4X4 MEGA RTR includes the waterproof Spektrum SPMS650 digital servo for 20% more torque than the previous version’s ADS-5 servo.
The self-bleeding, oil-filled shocks, now with silicone O-rings, use a tried and tested, coil-over design for simple maintenance and amazing handling. Their innovative rod-end has a molded-in spring perch for extra toughness. High chassis guards limit the amount of dirt and debris that can get into the chassis tub. Side impact nerf bars further protect the chassis and body shell. Shock-absorbing loops keep the front and rear bumpers secured to the chassis, offering defense against heavy impacts.
Tough, multi-spoke black SC wheels with vented dBoots Fortress SC tires give the SENTON 4X4 MEGA RTR effective traction for bashing on almost any terrain. Multiple battery types can be used with the hook-and-loop mounting, from 6-cell NiMH packs to a 2S block pack. This version comes with a Dynamite 3300 mAh 8.4V 7-cell Speedpack 2 Hump NiMH battery that provides 35% more run time compared to the 2400mAh pack of its predecessor.